Two Door Cinema Club @ Große Freiheit 36, 03/04/2017

Two Door Cinema Club is an irish indie-rockband, formed in 2007. The band consists of the three members Alex Trimble, Sam Halliday and Kein Baird. Their first album named "Tourist History" was released in 2010. By now they have released three albums in total - their latest album "Gameshow" has been released in 201. The band is currently on tour in Europe with their album and on the 4th of March I got to see them in Hamburg, together with some of my friends. I had seen them at the Hurricane Festival (link: http://aminasconcertjourney.blogspot.de/2016/07/hurricane-2016-when-your-tent-turns.html), close to Hamburg, last year and was more than excited to see them again in Hamburg



Two Door Cinema Club in Hamburg

Before we went to the concert my friends and I met up to drink some wine and chill. The show wasupposed to start at 6:30pm with one of the two support acts Two Door Cinema Club brought with them. We planned to only go see the second support act, but after a short time noticed we also wouldn't make it to them. We chilled a little bit longer and left the house aroung 7pm, an hour before Two Door Cinema Club wasupposed to come on stage. We arrived at the venue around 8pm, went to the toilet and as we walked the stairs back up, the show started. We were standing all the way on the right side, but pretty much at the front, since the toilets were right next to the stage - so we had a really good view on the stage. It was incredibly hot inside the venue and we all slowly noticed that we were wearing way too warm clothes. 

The band came on stage and started playing "Cigarettes in the Theatre". The whole crowd got really into the music with the first beat coming out of the speakers, while the stage lit up, with its huge sreens in the back, putting on animations in the beat of the music. 

Everyone in the crowd seemed to have the time of their lives and no one was bothered by the abolute heat in the venue. No matter where I looked, all I could see were people dancing and singing along. And so were we: the band kept playing one party song after another and even where we were standing, at the right side, far away from the actual pit, we danced and sang along to each song, getting happier and happier with each beat coming out of the speakers. Two Door Cinema Club played a mix between some of their most famousongs and some rather not that known songs. Their setlist also contained a lot of old and new songs, what brought a littl ebit of variation into the whole show. 

Their fifth song was "Changing of the seasons" which is my absolute favorite Two Door Cinema Club song. I heard the first beat of the song and got super excited! Until then the show had already blown me and my friends away and to me they seemed to have improved a lot since the Hurricane Festival in summer 2016. I was impressed by their performance and them playing my favorite song, made it even better! I danced and sang along, jumped up and down and smiled all over my face. 

The show then continued with older as well as newer songs and the party went on. People in the pit started crowd surfing and sitting on each othershoulders, throwing balloons in the air and partying along to the band on stage. After twelve more songs the band left the stage. By then the sweat was already dropping from the walls and all my clothes were covered in sweat, as I had the time of my life during the concert. It had been way too long since my last show and I felt more than just reliefed being covered in sweat and barley having any fresh air to breathe around me. Through the venue went a vibe full of love and happiness - it was and incredible feeling to be back where I feel happy and safe. 

After a few minutes, the screens turned on again and the venue was lit up by it. The band played two more songs - "Someday" and "What You Know" - before leaving the stage and for a few more minutes I felt complete energy rushing through my body again - pure happiness, love and power. 

When the last chord was played the lights went out and the band left the stage. Being covered in sweat all over my body, I went to meet a friend and then left one of the best concerts I have been to since I started this blog. 


















Share:

0 Kommentare