Hurricane Festival 2017 turning into a real Hurricane (part 2)

(Link to part one of my Hurricane Festival 2017 experience)

Sunday, 25th of june 2017 - Day three of Hurricane Festival 


Once again I was woken by my friends sitting in front of my tent, talking and eating breakfast. I stumbled outside my tent, totally sleepdrunken and kind of hungover from the last few days, as I sat down in my chair. I looked around and all of my friends seemed to be just as tired and exhausted as me, though we were still excited for the last few concerts. The last day was gonna be the hardest of the whole Festival, not only because we were absolutely ready for our beds and homes, but also because we would spend the whole day on the Festival going from one concert to an other.



The morning was passing by really slowly and as I tried to swallow my breakfast and drink enough water to be fit for the first concert, it started raining and storming again. The storm became worse with each minute passing by and I was soon annoyed by it, since everything was also getting pretty wet, so I went back into my tent to get some more sleep. Totally sleep deprived I tubmled back to my sleeping place, closed the windows, so no one was able to look into my tent, and closed my eyes. Even though I was tired as hell, I could barley sleep. The weather was going insane and I felt like my tent would fly away with me, any minute from then on. It was raining and I could hear our camp being drowned in dirty water and my friends being absolutely annoyed by it.

After maximum an hour I went back outside since I couldn't sleep and I didn't see a point in laying in my tent when I could be sitting outside with my friends. I sat back down in my chair and started waiting for the Festival to open.

It was around 1pm when we left the camp to enter the Festival to see Kakkmaddafakka. We made our way to the entrance and went inside. Still absolutely exhausted we reached the Blue Stage. Luckily the weather had gotten better already so we weren't caught inside a Hurricane-like weather.

Kakkmaddafakka are 5 Norwegian Boys who are active as a Band since 2004. Their music style goes more into the direction of indie-rock. I had never seen them before, so while we were waiting for the boys to come on stage, I was getting really hyped for their show as I only heard good things about their show. Until today the Band has released four albums since 2007 - their latest in 2016.

The Band came on stage and the sun was shining again, as they started playing their happy-indie-rock-music. Soon I had forgotten how bad I was actually feeling, and started to dance. The Norwegian band put on a hell of a show and were enjoying their time up on the Blue Stage probably even more than the whole crowd together. They didn't play for long but my friends and I still had the time of our lives! The Boys were jumping around on stage and interacting with the crowd in a way I had never seen an artist do it before. During the whole show they kept us hyped by showing us how hyped they are themselves - telling us how excited they are and how great it is to be on stage, while putting on one hell of a performance. After 45 minutes the boys left the stage and the concert was over. In between it started to rain again but that couldn't ruin my mood. I was starstruck by their performance and am still impressed.

We left the Festival again and went back to the camp to eat some lunch, before we would spend the rest of the day in front of stages. When we reached the camp we sat down, ate something and then slowly walked back to the entrance.


Our second concert of the day were Bilderbuch who I had seen the week before at the Kosmonaut Festival. We made our way back to the Blue Stage and waited for the Austrian band to start around 4:15pm with their show. The weather was calm and while soft, warm wind was blowing through my hair, it was raining a little bit but I didn't mind. We met some friends and all of a sudden we became a bigger group in front of the stage. I was excited to see the show of Bilderbuch once again as they are also really great performers. Behind the set of the Band there was a huge wall made out of completely new, white sneakers hanging around. They were all in order and if I hadn't seen them the week before, I probably would've though of them as a picture instead of real sneakers. The Austrian guys also played for around 45 minutes and interacted a lot with the crowd. From the first minute on they managed spread their charme and party vibes. Once again they managed to fascinate me with such an easy show. As for me it is more important for a show to have feelings and to be entertaining than to be huge and impressive, I was absolutely happy with how the Band managed their performance - letting the crowd sing parts of the songs, telling funny stories and being just charming in general. I could have watched them perform for many more hours but was also already excited for the next act when Bilderbuch ended their set.

The next act on our timetable were Wolfmother an Australian rockband formed in 2000, with a music style close to Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and AC/DC. I didn't what the band looked like as I don't listen to them too much, so I was really surprised when I looked on the stage and three older men walked up, looking more like Hippies than Rockers. We were standing more in the back then but still had a pretty good view on the stage, as there weren't as many people where we were standing. Soon the band began rocking their instruments and loud guitar and drum sounds came out of the speakers in front of and behind us. Their show was totally different than everything we had experienced during the other two shows. We were surrounded by older people and the band did not perform with the same vibes as the other bands. Though they interacted a lot with the crowd and also put on a really good show, it felt kind of different. The three men were totally feeling their music but in a rockier way than the others and while my friends and I were dancing to the music my excitement for the next band grew more and more.

We left the concert of Wolfmother a little bit earlier to get something to drink and to meet up with the rest of our friends before going to the show of alt-j a british Alternative band formed in 2007. I have been listening to Alt-J for a long time now but unfortunately never got the chance to see them live in concert. Their music has been a part of my life for a few years now and so I couldn't wait to finally see them perform. They just recently released a new Album which distances itself kind of from their earlier released music, but is still really good. We met up with our friends and then made our way back to the Blue Stage where we had spent the whole day already. We walked into the crowd and waited for the show to begin at 9:15pm. As Die Antwoord was gonna start their set shortly after alt-j we couldn't watch the whole set what made me kinda sad but also excited. The band had a lot of lightening on the stage and in between those, three spaces for the band members. As their show started the lightening revealed itself as really easy but impressing. White striped were "performing" with the band and fitting the music they spread a really calm vibe. We stayed for about half an hour before my friends made their way to the oter stage and I made my way back to the camp to chill a little bit. Even though I am a Fan of Die Antwoord, I was happy I had seen them at Reading Festival last year and could go to the camp for a while to calm down as I still wasn't feeling really good.

So I spent a little bit of time alone in the camp, as many of our friends had already left, and had some time for myself, what wasn't bad either. Shortly before it was 10pm, I made my way back to the festival to meet up and go see the last Act of the day, Casper one of my favorite german rappers.

Casper is a pretty young german artist who is really popular in my generation. Before the Hurricane show I had already seen him 2 times in Hamburg and he always absolutely blew me away. He has a really significant voice and influenced me ever since I was in 7th grade. Now there was a lot of silence around him the last year. Actually he was supposed to release his new Album in September 2016 but due to the fact that he wasn't really happy with how it turned out he pushed it further away and released new dates several times before deciding to finally release it on te first of September. 

I was still excited to see him perform and maybe also hear some new songs off his new record. We weren't too close but also not too far away from the stage when we made our way into the crowd and soon found a really good spot. It had been almost two years since I last saw him and it felt magical to stand in front of the stage with the exact same people as in 2015. His show started at 10:30pm and when the first beat came out of the speakers I couldn't hold myself back and immediately started screaming and jumping around to the new song blasting out of the speakers through the huge crowd in front of the Green Stage. The whole show just felt like a magical few seconds because it was too good to even watch the time or notice anything around. Casper performed four new songs of which two were already released. You could see that he put all of his energy into the show and was happy to be back on the stage performing new songs to his fans. I probably burned more calories than I had been consuming the last three days, because I couldn't stand still during Casper's set. I was either really feeling the music, dancing and singing along or I was jumping like a maniac while screaming the lyrics around. I did not want that moment to end and when it did I couldn't believe what had just happened. Caspers show was absolutely breathtaking. He did a lot of things he also did two years ago but also changed the show a lot to something really simple but strong. During the show the ground he was standing on went up in the air and he was all of a sudden looking over the whole crowd from the stage. It was amazing and I couldn't have imagined this festival to end any better.



While we made our way back to the camp I was feeling nostalgic and way too hyped at the same time. Hurricane Festival 2017 was by far one of the best Festivals I have been to this year and once again managed to make me happy even though the weather was horrible. I am already counting the days to next year.



For a while my friends and I sat down in the camp drinking a beer but soon all went to sleep to pack up the next morning and leave..

Share:

0 Kommentare