Tove Lo @ Docks, Hamburg, 21st of June 2017

Tove Lo (Original name: Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson) is a swedish singer and songwriter. She began with her songwriting in 2006 and formed a band together with a friend and two other students. After three years the band separated and Tove Lo began making music on her own. She soon got a lot of attention on the internet and was signed. in March 2014 she released her first EP Truth Serum. Due to a Remix of her song Habits Tove Lo went way up in the Charts and managed to get on #3 in the United States. Until today she has released two albums and in June of this year I finally got to see her live.

I have always been a huge admirer of Tove Lo and her music. I began listening to her music in 2014 while I was abroad in Ecuador and since then always dreamt of getting the chance to visit one of her shows. Thanks to Karsten Jahnke, this year I got the opportunity and I was even able to take a friend.


June 21st 2017

My friend and I met around noon to go to the venue for the concert. It was a rainy day but we were still excited to go to the concert. We took the train to St.Pauli and then walked to the entrance of the Club called "Docks" which is directly on the Reeperban. The main entrance was closed so we had to walk through the back entrance. I took my friend in and we went into one of my favorite venues in Germany. Even though we were pretty late, the venue was not really filled when we arrived inside, but we were still positive.

It did not take long until the support act "Jasmine Thompson" - mostly known for her song with the german DJ Felix Jaehn - came on stage with her band. She was looking really casual and brought a smile on my face with her positivity. I never really listened to her music but she put on a really calm and beautiful show wit lots of emotions. Her music style has really changed since I last listened to her music and she really made me notice that she grew up and became more mature - also with her music. I really enjoyed her show and am still glad that I got to see her more grown up, with a way better music style than a few years ago.

After Jasmine was done performing the lights turned on again and the crew began re-arranging the stage, before Tove Lo would come on. My excitement was constantly raising at that point. My friend and I went a little bit more into the crowd, to be closer to the stage. The venue was not really filled so it wasn't hard to get more to the front.

When the lights went out again, the first sounds of True Disaster started coming out of the boxes and people began cheering, while a big smile was slowly forming itself on my face. Tove Lo wasn't wearing much - a sports bra, panties and a pair of tights.

From the first moment on it was noticable, that Tove Lo was having a lot of fun on stage and clearly enjoying herself. She performed a lot of new songs like Influence, Vibes, Imaginary Friend and Cool Girl, but at the same time also many older songs from her first album. I personally prefer the first album of Tove Lo, because I connect a lot of memories of my abroad year with it -  especially Moments. Tove Lo was dancing all the time, smiled a lot and talked to the crowd. She for sure knew how to entertain the little people inside the venue. The highlight of most people would probably be when she showed her breasts during Talking Body. But that wasn't the only time she managed to get everyone even more motivated to dance.

My friend and I were dancing throughout the whole concert, as well as singing. I couldn't have chosen a better person to take to the concert and I really enjoyed the show to the fullest.

After her 11th song, an acoustic version of Imaginary Friend, Tove Lo left the stage and the crowd started begging for her to come back on stage - what she did shortly after leaving the stage. She played a few more songs including her greatest hits Cool Girl and Habits (Stay High) and then ended the stage.

All in all Tove Lo did absolutely fulfilled my expectations! She is a great performer who is clearly enjoying her time on the stage instead of putting on a forced show like some other artists. I will for sure buy tickets for her next tour and dance like a wild animal again!









Share:

0 Kommentare