AC/DC - in Rock we trust, 26th of May, Volksparkstadion

AC/DC is an Australian Hard Rock Band formed in 1973 by the two brothers Angus and Malcolm Young. By now the band has sold more than 200 million records, what makes them one of the worlds-best-selling-bands of all time. With their music they have managed it to reach every generation ever since they were formed (including little kids at the age of 9 or younger). In 2014 they released their album "Rock or Bust" with which they are touring around the world since summer 2015. Unfortunately the lead singer Brian Johnson left the tour in 2016 because of health problems, so Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is serving as the band's lead singer for the rest of the world tour. 

On May 26th 2016 I finally saw AC/DC in concert. After I had missed them on their Tour last summer because I was still in Ecuador I was afraid I would never get the chance to see them, since my mom said they wouldn't tour that much anymore probably. So I was more than happy when I found out they would come back in 2016, even though Johnson wouldn't be with them. The concert turned into a family event becuase I went with my mom, my uncle and my sister, what made it even more special to me. Also my best friend Toni went with her family. 


AC/DC in Hamburg (@Volksparkstadion) 

Ever since I got the ticket I was awaiting this day. I would finally get to see AC/DC, so obviously I was major nervous when the day finally arrived. I went to school, home, took a nap - to make time pass by faster - and waited until my mom finally said that we were leaving to pick up my uncle and drive to the venue. It was 6pm by then. The concert was supposed to start at 7pm but AC/DC wouldn't be on stage before 8:45pm, so we weren't under a lot of pressure. We picked up my uncle and left. 

It took us a lot of time to get to the venue because around 46.000 people were coming and 5 Seconds Of Summer were playing in the venue right on the other side of the arena AC/DC performed in. So the streets were full and we spent more time waiting than actually driving. When we finally found a parking spot we had to walk to the arena for about 15 minutes, where I would meet up with my best friend just to say hi. 

We reached the arena and the support act was already performing. A lot of people were still outside drinking something or eating, since we still had a lot of time. I went up to my best friend and noticed she was just as excited as I was, even though she had seen them last summer in Berlin. We couldn't stop grinning at each other and just being excited. At around 8pm I left her to go back to my family who had already been inside. We hat seats pretty much in the center of the round arena. When I reached my seat I watched the arena slowly getting fuller and fuller as more people came in. The arena has an open roof so it was still light inside and I had a perfect view on everything - the stage, the floor and the other seats all around the floor. 

At 8:45pm the music stopped and the whole crowd started cheering. I had never been on a concert this big before, so it amazed me to hear such a big crowd cheer and clap. I got over-emotional when the band came on stage and for a moment didn't really know what to say as I was way to overwhelmed by finally seeing them live. 

They started with their song Rock or Bust and the whole crowd went crazy. The band came on stage and everyone on the seats stood up and started dancing and cheering. People from the age of maybe 6 till 60+ went to the concert and danced their hearts out. I obviously also stood up and danced. I couldn't do anything about it, I just had to let it all out - all the times I had missed them already, now I had to enjoy it more than just to the fullest. 

Axl Rose came on the stage with a broken leg but was still rocking the stage, walking around, singing his lungs out and interacting with the band and the crowd. He definitely gave his best and had the crowd flipping. But my Highlight during the whole show was Angus who went crazy, even though he just turned 61. I have never seen someone his age being so powerful. During the whole show he wouldn't stand still and even played a solo during Let there be Rock of about 15 minutes. Angus jumped around the stage, danced, layed on the ground and never failed to play his guitar, even if he only used one hand. He amazed me with everything he did, I never expected someone his age to have so much power! 

Another thing that totally blew me away was the stage. The stage basically looked like half a dome with two devil horns on it and a screen on each side, filming the band and single member during the show, so people upstairs (which includes us) were able to see what exactly was going on on stage. But not only how the stage looked amazed me. Also what they built up in it, like during Hells Bells when suddenly a Huge bell was swinging back and forth or when during Whole Lotta Rosie there was suddenly a huge balloon of a woman hanging over the band, moving in the wind. At the merch store you were able to buy blinking AC/DC horns whoch released in a red blinking crowd. When it got darker all you could see in the crowd were blinking heads. That's when I realized I should have brought mine, my mom once brought me from an AC/DC concert a few years back.

After a few songs people slowly began to sit down again and dance while sitting or just enjoy the show, which was spectecular to just watch. But when the Band played old songs the whole crowd in the seats got up again and started ejoying it to the maximum. It was incredible to see how much happiness music can cause, especially in the faces of so many generations. 

The show didn't seem to end as after 1 1/2 hours they were still playing, not losing their power. I didn't mind that because they blew me away so much I didn't want to concert to end. I could probably still stand there, watching their show and dancing along, while being blown away by basically everything going on on the stage.

As I told you before about Angus 15 minutes guitar solo, it was one of my highlights during the whole show. Let There Be Rock was the last song before the encore and Angus ended it, running and jumping over the whole 50m long stage, endlessly playing guitar and keeping the crowd motivated to keep cheering and dancing. He sometimes made small break and looked at the crowd as if he wanted to say "Is that all you're able to do? Doesn't that go louder? Scream your lungs out!" and so the crowd did. The blinking heads on the floor went up and down, people were clapping their hands, dancing, having a good time. Then the band came back, finished the song and leaving, before they came back for the most spctectular encore I have ever seen. 



They started off with Highway to Hell and a fire show before the song that looked really amazing from up where I sat. The people stood on their seats and sang along to the whole song. It felt like the party just got started even though it was about to end. No one seemed to be tired and I had a feeling as if we could all stand there forever without getting tired of what AC/DC is giving us there. After Highway to Hell they played Riff Raff before their last song For those about to Rock (we salute you) which included an amazing lightshow and canons shooting during the refrain. They ended the concert with a small firework and then went off stage. AC/DC was officially over then. After 2 hours and 10 minutes, what makes it the longes concert I have ever been to, they left. Everyone slowly left and I didn't know what to say. 

In the end I gotta say, after the time I say my favorite band for the first time, this was the best concert I have ever been to. Not only because I missed them last year but also because of how they performed even though they aren't 20 anymore. How Axl Rose entertained the crowd even though he doesn't actually belongs to the band and how he performed with a broken leg. Also the mood the crowd had blew me away. I have never felt so comfortable during a concert. I have never been so speechless after a show, even though I have seen a lot of big acts already. 
 
AC/DC is really a must-go-to concert, no matter if you listen to the music or not. They put on an amzing show and just make you feel their music so much that you just have to dance and cheer. Also no matter what age you are, I assure you that you would love it, fan or not. AC/DC is a band everyone should see live in concert, they are worth the money! 


Next up is Rock am Ring Festival next week (with BMTH, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Biffy Clyro, The 1975, Billy Talent, Foals, and many more)

Tags:

Share:

0 Kommentare