AnnenMayKantereit @ Uebel und Gefährlich, Hamburg (May 11th2017)

Many of my german readers will probably already know about the Band I'm going to write in the following blog post. Their named AnnenMayKantereit; a german rock band, singing songs in German as well as in English. The Band consits of three members, from whose surnames the name of the band was created. Their most notable feature of the band is the rough voice of the lead singer Henning May, who at first sight doesn't seem like the kind of guy with such a deep voice. They released their first album in 2013, which is no longer available and then released another one three years later in 2016, which turned out to be a huge success. By now their shows are always completely sold out and last year I finally managed to get a ticket for one of their small club shows in May of this year. (I'm sorry I haven't written about this yet but I had a lot of stress going on due to exams). 


May 11th 2017 - AnnenMayKantereit in a small club 

It was a pretty warm and sunny day, which I spent with my best friends at the beach here in Hamburg, while already thinking about the concert I was about to go to later. The sun washining and the wind wasoft and warm, while I made my way down the beach, as I left my friends to go to the venue. I took the bus and when I reached the venue there has already been a long line in front of the bunker where the concert was taking place in. I got in line and waited for about 10 minutes only before I got to go in with my personalized ticket. I took the elevator and entered the small club. 

Most of the people have already been inside the venue when I entered so I stood beside the FOH, but still with a pretty good view. I waited until the support act OVE came on stage, a german band I had never heard of before. They were in a good mood and made music to dance to. Halfway in the show of OVE I started to feel bad and dizzy, as the weather was messing with my Diabeteso I sat down next to the entrance, which luckily was pretty close to me. I sat there until AnnenMayKantereit came on stage and obviously my place has already been gone by then and I did not get a spot as good as my other one again and barley saw anything. Nevertheless I was there for the music and did not mind that much that I did not see the whole stage but only a part of it. 

When the band came on stage the crowd started to cheer and the room immediately filled up with good vibes as the lead singer sang his first deep and rough notes through the microphone. Within the first minute of the concert I was completely starstruck by how much energy the band put into the songs. AnnenMayKantereit are one of the most successfull german bands at the moment and obviously mostly play shows in front of huge crowds; the small club show with about only 1000 people really seemed to be something they missed and really enjoyed doing again. During the show I danced and sang along - completely forgot about how bad I was feeling just a moment ago and that I could not see a lot.  

The band played 15 songs - including Nicht Nichts, Mir wär' lieber, wenn du weinst, What He Wanted The Most and Pocahontas  before giving two unbelievable encores at their last show of the tour. Their setlist was absolutely perfect, consisting of old as well as new, famousongs. Also they managed to have a perfect mix of slow and party songs and even a new song which doesn't even have a title yet. Most of the time I kept my eyes closed and just danced to the music coming out of the speakers on the stage and in the room. Even though I went to the concert on my own I enjoyed it to the fullest and had the time of my life at the show. 

AnnenMayKantereit finished the first part of their set with one of their most famous hits called "Oft Gefragt". Obviously when they started to perform thisong, the whole room started to sing along and you could hear the beautiful and calming sound of all the fans in the room enjoying their time while the Band on stage finished their set. 

They left the stage and the whole room started to ask for an encore until the band came back on stage. 

Their first encore consisted of three songs of which two were their own and one a cover of "Come Together" by the Beatles. The other two songs Barfuß am Klavier and 21, 22, 23 are some of my favorite songs of their album released in 2016 and asoon as I heard the first notes, I felt a huge smile all over my face. Once again I closed my eyes and sang along while dancing, close to the entrance of the venue with barley a view on the stage. After playing those three songs they left the stage again and everyone started cheering for an encore once again, still motivated to keep the party going. 


And indeed; the band came back on stage to play one more song and everyone went insane for the last few minutes before the lights in the room went on again and music came through the speakers, while the doors were opened and everyone left. After all I gotta say that AnnenMayKantereit did definitely not disappoint me at all and I absolutely enjoyed the whole show from the first second to the last! 

Share:

0 Kommentare