Bry, 19.04.2017 @Knust, Hamburg and a birthday present from the artist himself

Bry is an irish singer and songwriter who has been on tour in Europe with Twenty One Pilots last year - that's where I first saw him live. Shortly after I had seen him in Hamburg and Düsseldorf as a support act, he released his debut album named "Bry". His music goes kind of in the direction of indie-pop and is really chilled. On the 19th of April 2017 - the day of my first final exam and a day before my birthday - Bry played a gig in Hamburg and not only Bry was coming to Hamburg, but also a lot of the people I had met at the Twenty One Pilotshows last year!


I got up pretty early that morning, because my finalstarted and I had to be there by 8:45am. The exam took me until 2:30pm and by then a lot of my friends were already at the venue queueing, so I went home, ate something as I was really tired from the exam and needed some energy and then left to the venue too, to see my friends. It took me about 25 - 30 minutes to get to the venue and when I arrived my friends ran up to me and hugged me, because I hadn't seen most of them since November. It was a really emotional moment and even though I did not want to queue for Bry in a small venue, I was happy to be there and see my friends - especially the ones who came as a surprise! We were a huge group of people sitting on the benches in front of the Knust and drinking wine, while catching up on everything we had missed. 

We had three more hours to go before the entrance started, so we got a few more bottles of wine and made ourselves comfortable until the doors opened. When the entrance started we had just gotten two more bottles of wine and truly did not feel like going in already - especially because we all only queued to spend time together and not to be the first ones in the venue. so we drank the wine and went in after everyone had been inside already. After going to the toilet and sitting a little bit inside of the venue we decided to go outside for a cigarette and then to the Bar in the venue, to chill there before the concert started - meanwhile the support act was on stage performing already. We ordered a round of shots and then kept sitting in the bar talking to each other, still kind of catching up 

About 15 to 20 minutes later the support act was done performing and we went inside the venue to see Bry. As he came on stage it all kind of felt like a Twenty One Pilots concert over again - being reunited with my friends and seeing their support act. 

Even though Bry only has one album out yet he managed to play a really good and not too short show! The ones who have seen him already know that he is a pretty good entertainer and huge fan of bad jokes what made the show not only good but also fun. My friends and I were standing in the back of the venue because we didn't want to go all the way through the crowd to get to our friends in the front row, plus we had way more space to dance where we were standing. 

The whole show was like a party and threw me back to the shows in November. We were a huge group of friends who obviously had the time of their lives anf forgot everything else for a moment. Whether it wasinging along, dancing or even having a mosh - we for sure made the whole venue go insane in good and bad ways (I'm sure some people close to us were annoyed by us but we didn't mind).  Throughout the show our emotions became more intense and wherever I looked I just saw my friends being completely happy and satisfied. 

After a few songs our group increased as our friends crowd surfed all the way from the front to the back and then the party became even bigger when Bry covered a Twenty One Pilotsong, because most of the crowd knew him because of them. My friends and I immediately started to sing along and dance - one of them even jumped up on the stage and danced along to the song until they brought her down. We took each other on our shoulders and it all felt incredibly unique in that moment. All the memories and the happyness that were rushing down on me were indescribable and being there made me more than just happy. For that time I had forgotten about all the stress the exams were gonna bring for me and also everything else that wasn't going good in my life then. 

The show ended and we all were full of sweat and completely done, so we went back to the bar and releaxed for a moment, until Bry came back from the Backstage area and took photos inside of the venue. We went inside and got a few autographs. My friends told him that  it was my birthday the day after and that he should take a birthday shot with us but we actually did not expect anything to happen. 

As my best friends were coming to the venue to have a little celebration with me for my birhtday, we still had time to wait a little bit for Bry and my birthday shot, what indeed happened. We talked to the crew for a while and suddenly they got Bry out who was carrying two cups filled with a shot. We took it, he hugged me and when the other people around ustarted serenading me, the crew filmed us and formed the perfect ending to a perfect night. 







Share:

0 Kommentare